2012 was a really good year for music, in my humble opinion. The majority of what I listened to came out as a single or EP, particularly as I began actively curating my workingbeats playlist on Spotify.
However, there were a ton of new records that came out, many that I was eagerly anticipating across a bunch of genres. My favorite record of the year was an easy pick. I knew it was going to be my favorite of the year by the second listen: Gojira — L'Enfant Sauvage. French metal wins in 2012.
With so many good records in 2012, this year's list definitely took the longest (so far) to edit down to ten picks....
- Baroness — Yellow & Green (Relapse)
- Converge — All We Love We Leave Behind (Epitaph)
- El Ten Eleven — Transitions (Fake Record Label)
- Gojira — L'Enfant Sauvage (The All Blacks)
- Holy Other — Held (Tri Angle)
- Lorn — Ask The Dust (Ninja Tune)
- Meshuggah — Koloss (Nuclear Blast)
- Metric — Synthetica (MMI)
- Pinback — Information Retrieved (Temporary Residence)
- Purity Ring — Shrines (4AD)
Below is a Spotify playlist of my favorite tunes from each record. You can also find a playlist of full albums here. Enjoy!
Designer of things, husband, weirdo. Fan of scary movies, loud music, tasteless art, lists. And yes, I prefer to be called Jeffrey.